CannaTrek benefits, leveraging CannTrust’s expertise in:
- Greenhouse development & cultivation.
- Call centre, detailing HCP.
- Access to intellectual property and know-how.
- Import of plant materials and finished product.
- 19.8% ownership stake in CannaTrek (ability to maintain equity stake up to and including IPO).
- First right of refusal on offtake for significant supply of low-cost product.
- Access into Asian markets due to proximity and relations with Australia.
Global partnership to conduct clinical trials and develop innovation targeting the veterinary and retail channels.
- In 2018, CannTrust developed an exclusive partnership with O’Cannabis, Canada’s only nurse
practitioner ledmedical cannabis clinic, providing accessibilitythrough their online telemedicine portal for current and future patients.
- O’Cannabis offers
industry leadingfollow-up care and patient monitoring, ensuring patient compliance
- Immediately following legalization in October 2018, CannTrust announced its partnership with Breakthru Beverage Group to develop our retail channel. Breakthru’s wholly owned subsidiary, Kindred, Canada’s #1 beverage alcohol distributor, represents CannTrust’s cannabis products to the Canadian adult consumer market, deploying a state-of-the-art route-to-market platform for CannTrust’s adult-use brands.
- Our partnership with Kindred has allowed us to hit the ground running with 18 salespeople in the nine provinces where we have supply agreements, utilizing their proven business model, sales technology, infrastructure, and extensive relationships across Canada.
CannTrust has established an exclusive relationship with Apotex that will be further advanced into 2019 and will include medical product development and leverage the Apotex distribution model.
LEADING CLINICAL TRIALS AS LEGALIZATION OPENS UP IN NEW COUNTRIES
- Collaborating with the leading pain experts at Michael G. DeGroote Pain Clinic of Hamilton Health Sciences and McMaster University on a double-blind, placebo-controlled trial to evaluate CannTrust’s range of cannabinoid-containing oil capsules for chronic non-cancer pain in more than 300 patients. This is the longest and largest trial of its kind to date.
- CannTrust CBD Oil is being studied by Gold Coast University Hospital in Australia in one of the world’s first trials designed to determine whether cannabidiol may modify disease progression in Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS) or Motor Neuron Disease (MND). This randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled clinical trial will also assess
impacton study participant’s spasticity, pain, weight loss, and quality of life.